How do I use the new TreeSync feature in Family Tree Maker 2012?
Family Tree Maker 2012 has a new feature that allows you to sync the information between your Family Tree Maker 2012 files and your Ancestry.com account. Once you upload and link your tree to Ancestry, the two trees can be synchronized so that changes made in one tree can be applied to the other tree automatically or manually.
Uploading and Linking a File to Ancestry.com
If the tree that you would like to link was created in Family Tree Maker, please follow the instructions listed below.
Note: If you are trying to link a file that was created in Ancestry.com please skip to the Downloading and Linking a File from Ancestry.com section.
- Open the Tree that you would like to upload and link with Ancestry.com.
- Select the Plan workspace in the top left corner of the screen.
- Select the Current Tree tab if it is not currently selected.
- Click the Upload and Link to Ancestry button.
- The Upload to Ancestry window will be displayed.
- Type in what you would like to name your tree when it is uploaded to Ancestry.com. Select whether you would like your tree displayed as a public tree. When you are ready to upload your tree, please click OK.
- The upload process will begin.
- When the upload process is completed your tree will be listed on Ancestry.com as well as the file that you currently have in Family Tree Maker. These files will synchronize either manually or automatically depending on your settings. For more information on Sync Options, please click here.